|Image by Patricia Alexandre (Pixabay)|
Couscous is a dish Berber cuisine that has been integrated into the cuisine of many countries of the world. Its main ingredient is wheat oatmeal and allows endless variations. We can make couscous with chicken, vegetables, salad ... or use as a side dish for other dishes. It is so versatile food that it adapts to both cold and hot dishes.
The traditional way of preparing Moroccan couscous can take a long time, but adapting the recipe to our kitchen makes it possible to prepare a rich couscous in a much simpler and faster way. The traditional way to prepare couscous is to use couscous, a pan made from a pan bottom in which the side dishes (meats and vegetables) are cooked and in the upper saucepan pierced with holes, wheat flour cooked in the oven steam.
The couscous that we usually find in stores is already pre-cooked, which saves us time. Depending on which one we choose, we will need more or less cooking time. It is therefore best to follow the instructions of the package.
We offer a couscous recipe inspired by traditional Moroccan lamb couscous, but you can replace the lamb with anything you want and add or remove vegetables from the list of ingredients according to your preferences.
- Difficulty : You can do it
- Time : 60 minutes
- Rations : 4 percent
- Calories : 375 kcal
|Photo by Louis Hansel (Unsplash)|
- 250 Grams of couscous
- 500 Grams of lamb
- 100 Grams of cooked chickpeas
- 1 Liter of meat broth
- 1 Piece of onion
- 3 Carrots a year
- 1 Zucchini or squash
- 1 Pumpkin
- 1 Leek or leek
- 1 Turnip turnip
- 3 Potatoes per person
- Some butter
- Prepare everything first lamb meat: clean it and cut it into small pieces.
- Let the chickpeas soak the night before, although another option is to use cooked chickpeas.
- Peel, wash and chop vegetables. (The size of the pieces depends on how we like them).
- In a large saucepan, add oil spray and brown meat and vegetables. First, fry the pieces of meat over medium heat and, when golden brown, add the onion, pumpkin, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and turnip. Sausage to taste, add paprika and cover all the ingredients of the meat broth.
- When boiling, turn the heat down and cook for about 40 minutes until the ingredients are tender. You must lather the impurities and eliminate the excess fat.
- Before you finish cooking, add the chickpeas to the pan and prepare the couscous. If you have couscous, steam it. If you do not have it, put some water to the boil and salt. When it starts to boil, pour the couscous stirring just enough and try to soften everything. Turn off the heat, cover the pan and let stand 5 minutes. Then unpack and, with a fork, detach the couscous.
- Couscous can be served in a round fountain, giving shape to a volcano and placing vegetables and meat in the center. Before serving, drizzle with a little broth to make the couscous juicier.
Enjoy the meal and bon appétit !